10 Things I Learnt Today- 31st January, 2014
10. If someone you meet socially spends a couple of hours telling you how cool and wealthy and in demand they are, the first thing you’ll do once you get home is google them to find out how much bullshit there was in what they said. Even if there is none, you’ll find something. Its annoyance driving you, not fact.
10 things I Learnt Today – 30th November, 2014
These are 10 things I learnt today.
1. On Republic Day, if you want to tweet something cleverer and wittier than ‘Happy Republic Day India’ because everyone else has, the window to think of that line is till about 4 pm. After which its too late. And no one knows what you’re talking about because its referencing something almost 2 hours ago &2 hours ago on Twitter time = almost 200 years ago, geologically.
2. On every car ride, there’s that alone time, between sms’s and emails and living, everyone thinks, what if my life was completely completely not this. But this. or that.
3. You can never win an argument with your mother just based on logic and reason. And in that way, it is the opposite to a court. Or similar, depending on which country the court was in.
4. If you help serve food on the plate of a blind person, you realize they can’t see it served (naturally), but can feel it by tapping the plate repeatedly with their thumb. Or it could just be this specific blind person.
5. Directors who come out before plays and talk endlessly about what he play is about essentially just want to tell the audience, “look, I’m as important as the actors. But more importantly, just look. At. Me. I’m here.”
6. The real test of an actor’s face is when an amateur event manager’s camera zooms in on your face and you still look lovely. Shabana Azmi does.
7. It takes 300,000 pounds for anyone to be a British permanent resident. (I am hoping someone corrects me).
8. The cell phone was invented in Seattle. And the guys who invented it were brothers. And made 13 billion dollars from the patent.
9. There are still places in the world that won’t let you dine without a tie. But will have a tie handy if you don’t have one and it will usually be a tie so bad that it is perhaps better to go hungry.
10. The soundtrack of Inside Lellwyn Davis is like warm molten chocolate you weren’t expecting to be that warm. 3 seconds after it is inside your mouth. And it is snowing outside.