10 Things I Learnt Today- 31st January, 2014
- Good artists love to talk about their art. Great artists are quiet reserved people who are done talking. They sit quietly worrying about how much they will get paid and when.
- Power cuts still happen. Like they did in India through the 80’s.
- Gene Hackman played Lex Luthor. And now Jesse Eisenberg. What does that say about time.
- Urban Indians can live without food, water, love. But not parties.
- People from Consulates get invited to everything in India. Especially things that don’t require anyone from a consulate. Like a car showroom opening.
- 90% of sales is liking the person selling you the thing.
- Salsa dancing is big in Riga
- Hearing middle aged men talk about how they can easily get laid in different world cities (or how they have), and how beautiful bartenders pour shots seductively in this or that nightclub must have sounded cool in…1989. Today, it sounds foolish.
- The saddest person in the world is someone who hears a story like the one above and thinks he stands a chance in these cities and cancels existing plans to attempt a visit.
10. If someone you meet socially spends a couple of hours telling you how cool and wealthy and in demand they are, the first thing you’ll do once you get home is google them to find out how much bullshit there was in what they said. Even if there is none, you’ll find something. Its annoyance driving you, not fact.